Official Contest Rules for the Toilet Paper Wedding Dress Contest presented by Cheap Chic Weddings and Quilted Northern
The 2018 Toilet Paper Wedding Dress Contest presented by Cheap Chic Weddings and Georgia-Pacific Consumer Products LP, maker of Quilted Northern® toilet paper products is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. All contestants and models must be at least 18 years old. Employees of Cheap Chic Weddings/138 Media Inc. and Sponsors, and their parent and affiliate companies as well as immediate family and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Contest rules will be strictly enforced.
2. CONTEST TIMING:
The Contest begins March 13, 2018 and the entry deadline is May 8, 2018 at 11:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
3. HOW TO ENTER:
To enter, create a wedding gown and headpiece out of Quilted Northern® Toilet Paper, Glue, Tape, and/or may be sewn with needle and thread/sewing machine. Dress must be able to be worn by a human. Take photos of the front, back and side of your entry (including headpiece) and submit the clear, digital format, unaltered photos along with the OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM(from www.TPDressContest.com) to TPDresscontest@gmail.com by May 8, 2018 by 11:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. Please keep your entry gown and headpiece intact, as the semi finalists/finalists will be required to mail their entries to Cheap Chic Weddings/138 Media Inc. at Cheap Chic Weddings/138 Media Inc.’s expense.
Please Note the 2018 Shipping Box Restrictions:
Once you enter the 2018 Toilet Paper Wedding Dress Contest presented by Cheap Chic Weddings and Quilted Northern®, you may be asked to ship your entry for further review.We must receive entries in boxes that fit within specific shipping requirements. The shipper accepts boxes in the sizes that they have listed on their site for sale. You will not be required to purchase from them, but you must use their measurements as a guide.
*Entries can be shipped in boxes as large as the Wardrobe Box 60"x24"x22" or the Bike Box 54"x28"x8", or any other box measuring smaller than these.
*NOTE: If you plan on making a large gown (that may not fit into the above specifications) you may make your TP dress in sections. You can use several boxes to ship it. If you make the Top 10, you will be able to reassemble your gown for the finale event.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Potential Entrants may request a Coupon for free Quilted Northern® Toilet Paper at TPDresscontest@gmail.com.
All materials submitted in connection to the Contest will not be returned and become the property of Cheap Chic Weddings/138 Media Inc.
You may enter only once this Contest year. More than one entry from any person or email/IP address will void all entries from that person or address. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online Entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the email account used.
Incomplete Entries or those not complying with the Official Rules are subject to disqualification. Released Parties/Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, damaged or misdirected Entries. Cheap Chic Weddings/138 Media Inc.’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest.
4. JUDGING:The first round of judging starts when all entries are in by the deadline. A panel of expert judges at their sole discretion will judge entries. Each entry is judged equally (25% each) on the criteria of Creativity, Originality, Beauty and the use of Toilet Paper. Up to fifteen (15) entries will be chosen as semi finalists to be sent in.The second round of judging takes place when the semi finalist’s entries are sent to Cheap Chic Weddings/138 Media Inc. A panel of expert judges at their sole discretion will judge entries. Each semi finalist submission will be judged equally (20% each) on the criteria of Creativity, Originality, the use of Toilet Paper and Workmanship. Up to ten (10) entries will be chosen as finalists. The final round judging takes place at a finale runway event in New York City. The entries will then be judged in person by a panel of expert judges and will be judged at their sole discretion using a point system. Each entry will be judged equally (20% each) on the criteria of Creativity, Beauty, Originality, the use of Toilet Paper and Workmanship. A grand-prize winner, second place winner and third place winner will be chosen at the finale event. In the event of a tie at any judging stage, the entry with the highest score in the creativity category will be declared the winner. All Finalists and winners are subject to verification of eligibility, validation and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in the Official Rules. Winners will be notified immediately at the finale event. Judges decisions are final and binding.
5. ONLINE COMMUNITY VOTING: Once the top ten (10) finalists are determined, those entries will be posted at www.TPDressContest.com/2018-toilet-paper-wedding-dress-contest.html at which time the general public may vote on favorite entries once per day until the finale event.The entry with the most public votes will be named the “Fan Favorite” at the finale event. The online votes will in no way influence judging at any stage.
6. FINALISTS/WINNERS NOTIFICATIONS:All reasonable effort will be made to contact prizewinners. Winners are required to prove eligibility and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release along with an Official Entry Form. The failure of a potential winner to verify address, or return of notification as undeliverable, or the failure to return signed affidavit, release and Official Entry Form will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. In the event of noncompliance with rules and conditions, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Each qualifying prizewinner will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the qualifying prize.
7. PRIZES:One $10,000 (USD) Grand Prize will be awarded. One, Second Prize (2nd) will be awarded $5,000 (USD). One, Third Prize (3rd) will be awarded $2500. Fan Favorite Winner will be awarded $1000 (USD)Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions will be allowed. Winners are responsible for any and all taxes. Prizes will be awarded to winners within eight weeks of the announcement of the winners. Winners must supply Cheap Chic Weddings/138 Media Inc. with his/her social security number for tax purposes and winners will receive an IRS Form 1099 from Cheap Chic Weddings/138 Media Inc. for the prizes distributed for the calendar year of the contest.
8. SPONSORS:Cheap Chic Weddings/138 Media Inc. 22059 Flower Drive, Boca Raton, FL 33428 Georgia-Pacific Consumer Products LP, make of Quilted Northern toilet paper 133 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30303Additional sponsors may be added during the contest period. (Collectively, “RELEASED PARTIES”)
9. LICENSE:By entering the contest, each Entrant grants Released Parties the contest, a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty free, irrevocable license to display, reproduce, and distribute their entry, name, likeness, story, voice, statements, photos, video and dress. Entrant grants Released Parties the right to (use or not use) copyright, database rights and publicity in any media now or hereafter known, including but not limited to the Internet, without any compensation. Entrant agrees that Released Parties will not be required to designate the Entrant as the creator. Released Parties will not be required to seek approval by Entrant or to pay additional consideration in connection with such use.Further, by entering the contest, each Entrant grants Released Parties the right to edit, modify, change, adapt, distribute and create derivative works from the entry (with the understanding that they are under no obligation to do so) or incorporate the entry into any medium, form, or technology, including the right to publish the entry, post the entry on the Internet and use for advertising and promotional purposes at its sole discretion.All entries/dresses and accessories that are mailed to Cheap Chic Weddings/138 Media Inc. at Cheap Chic Weddings/138 Media Inc.’s expense become the sole property of Cheap Chic Weddings/138 Media Inc. and will not be returned.
10. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES:Each eligible Entrant represents and warrants that: 1. Their entry complies with the official rules 2. Their entry is original and has not won any previous award or contests 3. The entry does not infringe any third party’s copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights 4. The entry is not offensive, libelous, obscene, or contain illegal content or anything otherwise objectionable 5. The entry does not display any logos or trademarks not owned by the Entrant. Entrant acknowledges that entering the contest does not constitute employment, partnership, or a joint venture relationship between Entrant and Sponsors. Entrant agrees that he/she will be construed as the agent or act as agent for the Sponsors.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:By entering, each Entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Released Parties, their affiliates, partners, advertising agencies, their employees, officers, directors and representatives from errors, omissions, claims, actions, personal injury or death, costs, attorney fees, damages, losses, liability or cause of action or other liabilities of any kind or nature. Released Parties are not responsible for the misuse of prizes awarded.Released Parties are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate information, technical failures of any kind, or unauthorized human intervention of the Contest process. Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, damaged or stolen Entries.Released Parties are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, disconnections or network hardware or software, and communication line failure.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS: This contest is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Entrants agree that certain restrictions may apply. An entry will be deemed void if Cheap Chic Weddings/138 Media Inc. determines that the entry is unoriginal, counterfeit or obtained through fraud or theft. By entering the contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these rules and all decisions of the judges. Entrants acknowledge, upon entering, that Cheap Chic Weddings/138 Media Inc. may obtain entries in the Contest that may be similar or identical in theme or idea. Entrants waive any and all claims, presently or in the future, that any compensation is due to Entrant in connection with the Contest entries, which are similar.Entrants agree to grant permission to Cheap Chic Weddings/138 Media Inc. to place their entries on the online voting page and website.Cheap Chic Weddings/138 Media Inc. reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Cheap Chic Weddings/138 Media Inc. in its sole discretion. Cheap Chic Weddings/138 Media Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Cheap Chic Weddings reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Cheap Chic Weddings/138 Media Inc.’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.Incomplete Entries or Entries not complying with the Official Rules are subject to disqualification. Cheap Chic Weddings is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete or misdirected entries. Cheap Chic Weddings decisions are final on all matters relating to the contest.
13. RIGHT TO CANCEL or SUSPEND CONTEST:If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned due to, including but not limited to, an act of God/Nature, infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond reasonable control by Cheap Chic Weddings/138 Media Inc. which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion, then Cheap Chic Weddings/138 Media Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest, at its sole discretion.
14. WINNERS LIST:Winner’s names will be available online at www.TPDressContest.com after June 30, 2018
16. DISPUTES:Except where prohibited, any and all disputes, issues, claims and causes of action arising out of or concerning the Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court in the state of New York, which court shall apply the laws of the state of New York without regard for rules of conflicts of law. In any such dispute, Entrant shall, under no circumstances, be entitled to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any) associated with participating in the Contest, and participant hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.